“Many businesses understand that it’s not good enough to compete on products and services; how a company delivers for its customers is beginning to be as important as what it delivers,“ McKinsey states.
McKinsey Digital Labs research is explicit about customer expectations. Here are some of the findings:
· 75% of online customers expect help within five minutes
· 70% of app users want added functionality more than “look and feel” of app
· 61% are more likely to buy from companies that deliver custom content
· 75% of customers have used comparison apps for consumer goods, which makes SEO and reviews essential success factors
· 79% trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
Takeaway: These pivotal responses are benchmarks worthy of taking seriously—now.